My make for April was severely delayed due to writing assignments, therefore I have only just got round to making it. Subsequently my make for May will follow in quick succession!
I have been wanting to make some clothes I could take away on holiday when we go to France in June. After vowing I wouldn’t use the Great British sewing bee book, I was drawn to the draped top, which looked perfect for barmy evenings sat by the lake. I think it was the fabric I really liked plus how simple it looked to make.
I spent many hours looking at Liberty cotton lawn fabric which would be so lovely for this top. However in order to save money, I picked up a bargain from Seamstar, and got some cotton lawn by Robert Kaufman for £8. The great thing about this pattern is that it only uses 1m of fabric.
I learnt from my last sewing bee make and did a trial run on some cheap fabric. I’m so glad I did as the top was way too short and there were a few bits of the instructions I was glad to practice. I therefore made my pattern 2 inches longer at the bottom, this made it much more decent, with no belly button showing!