Well it’s been a while since my last handmade Monday. I’ve had lots going on – new job and making for a craft fair has meant my blogging has been a bit neglected. I have however managed to make these cute little Christmas tree decorations
I thought I’d share with you how I made them. You can either hand sew or use the sewing machine for this project, perfect for beginners to sewing!
You will need:
Small scraps of Christmas style fabric
Ribbon cut to desired length
1. Cut 2 triangle shapes out of your fabric. My triangle was 4″ across the bottom and 5″ for the sides.
2. Fold the ribbon in half and placing the ‘raw’ ends at the point of one of the triangles, hand sew the ribbon in place
3. Sew around the edge of the triangles, (approx 3-4mm seam allowance) but leave a 3cm gap in the bottom of the triangle.
3. Turn the triangle right sides out and stuff well with the stuffing.
4. Insert your cinnamon stick into the gap at the bottom of the triangle. Using the needle and matching cotton, hand sew the gap shut either side of the cinnamon stick.
I hope you are all getting on well with your Christmas makes! Looking forward to reading all about what you’ve been up to over at Handmade Monday!