Things have been a little quiet here as my poor sewing machine is unwell and has had to go in for a service. I therefore decided my make this week would still involve fabric, but not use the machine. I decided on making some cute fabric bracelets and thought I would share with you how to make them.
You will need:
Fabric (light cotton)
button/charm to embellish
Needle and cotton
1. First measure around your wrist and multiply this measurement by 3.
2. Cut 3 strips of fabric 1.5cm x the measurement you’ve just taken.
3. Attach the 3 strips of fabric to the pin cushion using the safety pin. Wedge the pin cushion somewhere where it won’t move easily
4. Approx 2cm from the top start plaiting the strips together. Stop when you get about 2cm from the end
5. Carefully, holding both ends, remove the safety pin and knot both ends together.
6. Attach the charm or button to the knot using a needle and thread.
I think these would be lovely gifts, or dare I say it..stocking fillers 😉
Over to handmade harbour now for this weeks handmade Monday. Hope you all have a fantastic week and the sun continues to shine!