Helen over at Casa Costello was tagged in a Olympic Meme originally started by Lou from Bloggomy. It is supposed to be a bit like the Olympic Flame and carry on going until the Olympics start. I am the next person to be tagged to carry on the flame and answer the questions!
1. If every day tasks were Olympic events what would you get a gold medal in?
Churning out the worlds most amount of kindle and iPad covers ready for my craft fair!
2. As a child (or now even) did you excel at a particular sport and if so which one?
I hated sports as a child, the school sports day was my idea of a nightmare! I was made to play lacrosse at secondary school but I definitely didn’t excel at it! I don’t mind sport now I am older however it’s still quite a challenge to get me to go to the gym regularly!
3. Michael Phelps (swimmer) or Michael Johnson (runner) – which sport appeals to you more?
Swimming as I find the running a little boring!
4. How fast can you get out of bed and ready to go out the door if miss the alarm and sleep in?
I am normally up and ready in 30 mins after my alarm goes off, I can still be ready and out the door in 20mins if I miss my alarm!
5. What fantasy sport would you like to see made into an Olympic event?
Sewing! Just imagine the fun you could have – who can sew the straightest line, who can make the most mistakes (I’d definitely win gold in that one!)
6. Claim to fame time – Have you ever met an Olympian and who was it?
I met Simon Richardson at my husbands cycling club annual dinner. He is a Paralympic racing cyclist who won gold at the Beijing Olympics. He was a truly inspirational man and the best bit….I got to hold the gold medal!
7. What event in past Olympics can you remember most vividly?
To be honest I like the winter Olympics more so I can’t really remember anything particular from past Olympics
8. Tuning in at home, not for me or tickets clamped ready in sweaty palms?
Not quite for me but I’m sure I’ll be co-erced into watching some of the cycling events!
9. Who do you think most deserves a gold medal (any walk of life not just Olympians)?
Olympians: Ed Clancy (cyclist) he’s a local man from Newton-Le-Willows, it’d be nice to have some local talent to do well (hubby helped me answer this one!)
In every day life, I would award a medal to my mum and dad. Not to get too soppy but my mum suffered a stroke almost 7 years ago, resulting in her being a permamnt wheelchair user and only having the use of her left side. It changed both mine and my dads lives but of course most of all my mum had to completely adjust to what had happened. I think she deserves not 1 but a million gold medals for being so determined to not let it beat her and to carry on living her life the best she can. My dad deserves a medal for all the help he gives her and never moaning. They both are truly inspirational people.