Happy new year to everyone! Hope you all had a nice evening last night and that there’s not too many sore heads this morning! Here, as promised are my aspirations for 2012. I have used the idea Nic talked about in her blog and have come up with 30 things I would like to do during 2012, 30 because this is the year I reach the big 3 0! I hope by posting them on here it will make me stick to them!
1. Make one item a month – I have signed up to the Make a Month group so it will hopefully make sure I keep up with my sewing!
2. Expand my sewing skills
3. Buy less and make more – Vicky gave me the inspiration to try and not buy clothes and make instead. She did it for a year, however I don’t think I’m brave enough for that so I am going to try 6 months of not buying clothes,shoes or accessories and making more. I will keep you updated on how I get on!
4. Do more sewing courses
5. Loose weight and stay healthy – I know everyone tends to have this as a resolution, however I really have let myself go over the last few months, I have set myself a target of loosing 6kg (almost a stone) starting on Tuesday! I am also going to put a £1 in a jar each time I exercise and when I reach my target weight I will have a nice pot of money to treat myself!
6. Read more fiction and non-fiction books
7. Bake more – the clandestine cake club should help with this one!
8. See friends and family more often
9. Visit more places
10. Look after myself – more trips to the hairdresser and beautician are needed! Plus not wearing myself into the ground!
10. Progress my career
11. Complete jobs in the house – redecorating, new carpet!
12. Blog more often
13. Do some tutorials for my blog
14. Do a cupcake course
15. Save more money – hopefully no. 3 will help with this one!
16. Stick to date night once a month – hubby and I used to save one night/day a month where we would do something together, like going the cinema or having a nice meal out. It slipped by the wayside really, but was so nice to spend some quality time together.
17. Less 366 – I read bugs and fishes blog about giving away 365 items (one for each day of the year). I have decided to do something similar this year, however it will be 366 things because of the leap year! Hopefully it will help give us more space and declutter the house!
18. Learn how to use my DSLR camera to take nicer photos
19. Organise craft swap – I would like to get some people together to exchange their unwanted craft items!
20. Do more craft swaps – I have already signed up for 2 small swaps, and I have just read hookinwithlaalaa might be organising another one!
21. Get rid of old fabric and only buy when have a project – this will be hard!
22. Read and comment on more blogs
22. Socialise more
23. Make more items to sell
24. Expand career in sewing
25. Try more sewing projects
26. Do carboot sale – helped by no. 17!
27. Use iPad/iPhone less
28. Make and buy more handmade items for presents
29. Buy something through Groupon!
30. Celebrate my birthday in style – I have already got plans, even though it’s not till December! I definitely want to embrace entering my 30s!
So there we are, I will keep you updated on my progress! I wish you all a very happy and prosperous 2012 🙂