This weekend I started on the pillowcase dress for the dressing a girl around the world charity. I picked a bright blue fabric with a lovely multicoloured dragonfly design and chose a pink contrasting binding for the armholes and ties. I followed the tutorial from the Little Big Girl Studio and at first got a bit lost by the different choices on dresses to make, but soon got the hang of it and decided on an elasticated top with ties.
I loved completing this project. It meant a lot to me to be able to be sewing something that I knew would eventually make a difference to someone. Plus I learnt a few new techniques – how to make your own bias binding, however I chose to buy some on this occasion to give the contrast in colour, but didn’t have enough of the binding so the ties are a little short.
This project is so easy anyone can do it, you should really give it a go! I will be sending my dress to Louise at Sew Scrumptious and she then posts them on. I have already earmarked more fabric to use to make more dresses!
So my next challenge is the upcycled bag, one which I am really looking forward to doing and can’t wait to share with you all!
Please stop by the Handmade Monday blog and see what everyone else has been up to this week.