As you might have gathered from reading my previous posts, I seem to collect projects, flit from one to another and never quite finish any of them! I decided I needed a bit of focus for my sewing and therefore have set myself a personal challenge of completing 5 projects over the next 30 days, starting from Saturday 17th. I have picked a variety of projects, some easier than others and all will challenge me in different ways:
- Pillowcase dress – using elastic and making own bias binding
- Up-cycled bag – I am going to attempt to design my own pattern to make a unique bag from an duvet cover rescued from a charity shop!
- T-shirt Tote – experimenting using different materials to get an unusual bag
- Cath Kidston bag – making buttonholes and sewing on buttons using my machine
- Jelly Roll floor cushion – using piping and a fabric covered button to bring it all together
I still have many more projects that I want to do, so I might sneak a few in along the way if I have time! But I hope by giving myself a bit of direction I’ll get lots of lovely things made! I will use the handmade monday post to let you all know how I get on with my challenge each week!