A dress for a date with the sun!

So today I attempted to sew a dress I had seen at Kojodesigns, similar to one sold in GAP. I had bought some lovely material I had scavenged from Abakhans and set to work!

I found that I deviated from the tutorial as I was struggling with the lining part of the dress, so ended up making it up as I went along! The main thing I struggled with was doing the darts in the front piece of fabric. I also made a few errors in the size of the fabric, so ended up putting a bit of elastic in the front piece as well as the back. All in all though I don’t think it turned out too bad, and at least I have learned lots for my next try!


I still have a lot of fabric left over, so thinking of giving this maxi dress a go!

Sarah x

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s