You may remember a while ago as part of my 30 day challenge I made a dress for the dressing a girl around the world charity, well I sent it off to Louise over at Sew Scrumptious, and she has just posted photos of my dress along with lots of other dresses she has received. I am so excited to be featured in someone elses blog and for such a good cause! She has reached the grand total of 400 dresses now and they all look fabulous! Why don’t you give it a go? The pattern is really easy to follow and you don’t need a lot of fabric to make a lovely little dress!
Welcome to another Handmade Monday and my first project for my 30 day challenge.
This weekend I started on the pillowcase dress for the dressing a girl around the world charity. I picked a bright blue fabric with a lovely multicoloured dragonfly design and chose a pink contrasting binding for the armholes and ties. I followed the tutorial from the Little Big Girl Studio and at first got a bit lost by the different choices on dresses to make, but soon got the hang of it and decided on an elasticated top with ties.
I loved completing this project. It meant a lot to me to be able to be sewing something that I knew would eventually make a difference to someone. Plus I learnt a few new techniques – how to make your own bias binding, however I chose to buy some on this occasion to give the contrast in colour, but didn’t have enough of the binding so the ties are a little short.
This project is so easy anyone can do it, you should really give it a go! I will be sending my dress to Louise at Sew Scrumptious and she then posts them on. I have already earmarked more fabric to use to make more dresses!
So my next challenge is the upcycled bag, one which I am really looking forward to doing and can’t wait to share with you all!
Please stop by the Handmade Monday blog and see what everyone else has been up to this week.
Where has this week gone?! Handmade Monday has come around again! I have started quite a few projects this week – I bought some fabric earlier in the week, to make a pillowcase dress for the dressing a girl around the world charity. With the left over fabric I have decided to make a sling bag and using some left over fleece interfacing from the Molly handbag, pad it out a little. I also hope to make some bunting from it too, all from 1.5m of fabric!! I love making the most out of a piece of material!
I have actually completed one ongoing project this week – 2 sets of bunting which I am hoping will be part of my launch of items to sell on Folksy. They are in shades of baby pink, perfect for a little girls bedroom. I think I have gone bunting crazy – I love making it as it so easy to do! However, other than the bunting I have been quite lax this week and havent had much time to sew. Yet again too many projects on the go! I really hope that this coming week I will be able to finish the molly handbag and hopefully the pillowcase dress. The handbag is almost finished – I was about to put the lining into the bag and I ran out of cotton. Lesson learnt – always have enough thread in the house!! Plus I really must start making my iccle sheeps for join the flock!
So although not a momentous week sewing and finishing projects, I have had a fabulous weekend spent celebrating my hubby’s 30th birthday at West Usk lighthouse! Such a romantic and unusual place!
Check out Wendy’s blog to see what everyone else has been up to for handmade monday!